Oh my goodness, I am SO excited! My blog was nominated for a Liebster Award by Jayme over at the ADORABLE Trendy in Third blog. You really need to check her out.
Thank you so much Jayme for this very special nomination. I am really flattered. I have been a total blog slacker this winter and this is just the motivation I need to get my booty back in the blogging saddle. I am flattered to have my first post of 2014 be the Liebster Award process!
1) Link back to the blog that nominated me
2) Nominate 5 - 11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3) Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator
4) Share 11 random facts about myself
5) Contact my nominees and let them know that I nominated them
I currently teach 3rd grade. I taught 1st grade for one year. I taught preschool for 1 year and subbed every single grade K-12 during college.
2) What is your favorite thing about teaching? Least favorite?
My most favorite thing is being with my students everyday. They are so funny and fun to hang out with. My least favorite thing about teaching is the ridiculous amount of mandated standardized testing 3rd graders take in North Carolina.
3) If your school was donated $25,000, what would you want your principal to purchase?
I would want him to split the 25 grand between more technology students and new playground structures for recess. Recess is so important and my kiddlets need more play structures to enjoy.
4) What is your favorite TV show?
I can’t pick just one! My current favs are Park and Recreation, Brooklyn 99, and Community.
5) If you could go back in time, what era would you choose to visit?
What a fab question! I would go back to the 1940's so I could hang out with my grandma when she was young.
6) What is your school mascot?
7) How many kids are in your class?
22. 12 girls 10 boys. I started the year with 14 girls, 2 have moved.
8) What is your current obsession?
Candy Cane Trident Layers gum. I discovered it at Target in November and have been infatuated ever since. It is a seasonal flavor though so I have done my best to horde packs. I don't know what will happen when I run out.
9) What is your idea of relaxing after a crazy day of teaching?
Sitting on my couch in my jammies watching funny T.V. shows and exploring blogs on my computer.
10) Do you have iPads in your class?
Just 1. It was purchased by the state for to use for mandatory MClass reading assessments.
Flats all day, everyday. Love me some cute heels but my tootsies can’t handle wearing them all day at school. Plus, being 6 feet tall, I already tower most everyone in our building. Heels would just intimidate them. Haha!
11 Random Facts About Me
* I live in a house that was built in 1905.
* I am afraid of clowns.
* I have had Type I Diabetes since I was 11 years old.
* I love owls.
* I want to adopt children.
* I have 2 brothers
* I would have 10 dogs if I could afford it.
* I do not like mushrooms
* I am slightly obsessed with office/school supplies
* I am a data nerd. I love tracking my students' progress.
* I go married in my favorite pair of jeans and a white sweater. It was fabulous.
My Questions for the Bloggers I have nominated:
1) What is your favorite subject to teach and why?
2) If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
3) What is your all time favorite book?
4) When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
5) How long have you been blogging?
6) What is the school supply you can;t do without?
7) How many students are in your class?
8) What would you be doing if you were not a teacher?
9) What is your favorite thing to do when you are not at school?
10) What is your classroom theme?
11) What is your go to school snack or drink?
I nominated the following interesting and adorable blogs. Be sure to check them out!
Thanks again to Jayme at Trendy in Third for nominating me. Thank you to you all for reading my Liebster Award post! Yay!